HOW YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE
When it comes to meeting the physical and spiritual needs of others, you are part of the solution. Your participation through our local, national, and global Outreach partners has an exponential impact.
By participating in local outreach, you can show people the love of Jesus and make a difference in your community. Serving the community is an amazing opportunity to bless others and to be blessed as the people of God go out into the community to show the love of Christ through real and tangible ways.
We encourage Bridge Groups to be thinking about projects they can host throughout the year. If you’re not part of a Bridge Group, now is the time to join! Whatever you choose to do, get creative! Assess the needs of people in your neighborhood and our local community and plan a project that meets those needs. Check out our list of ideas and other options to get started!
- Offer to take free family portraits
- Leave treat bags and handwritten notes for your delivery drivers
- Do a prayer walk or prayer drive in your community
- Voice record prayers for loved one and text it to them
- Leave encouraging messages around town in sidewalk chalk
- Put together a dinner kit for a family in need
- Provide a meal to first responders
- Donate blood to your local blood bank
- Clean up a widow or single parent’s yard
- Help with home cleanup or repairs for those who are physically or financially unable to do it themselves
- Clean up or help with new landscaping for a local school
- Place American flags at a Veterans cemetery
Mercy Mall is a ministry offering FREE clothing, housewares, baby items, and more to individuals and families overcoming the many obstacles to home and life stability. Our clients not only need “stuff”, but also the unconditional love of Christ. We provide that through encouraging words, hugs, resources, and prayer. We have no qualifications or geographic borders, which allows us to assist families in emergency situations.
The Pregnancy Help Center of Chesterfield exists to demonstrate the love of Christ through the ministries of prevention, intervention, and restoration by encouraging sexual integrity, empowering life-affirming decisions, and providing opportunities for healing.
Teams partner with volunteers to work through local churches to meet the needs of disaster survivors.
Building authentic relationships through the love of God with our community, meeting their basic needs, and connecting them to life-changing programs.
Providing food, clothing, blankets, sleeping bags, and love to homeless people in the surrounding counties and cities.
Providing financial support for Esperanza’s family in Costa Rica, helping them earn their own money to meet their needs as well as helping her brother Alberto as he is finishing his last semester in college.
- Aaron and Bonnie Wells and family, missionaries in Middlesex County through Global Outreach Mission.
- A church family serving in Central Asia through the International Mission Board.
Each year the churches within our association supply items that help those in need at Christmas have a wonderful holiday. Members of the churches not only supply the new items but also volunteer to do the work of setting up, helping the parents once they arrive, and making sure every family who is in need of what this ministry has to offer is also provided a new Bible.
The people of Kairos are called by God to share the love of Christ with those impacted by incarceration. Kairos encourages believers from a variety of Christian traditions to be volunteers in this Christ-filled ministry. Kairos programs offer prison residents, their families, and those who work with them, the opportunity to receive God’s forgiveness through faith in Jesus Christ, and to grow in their faith and servanthood in Christian community.